Whether you meet with a tax professional or prepare your taxes yourself, proper planning helps the process go smoother and may reduce the risk of costly errors. Check out the tax tips below and prepare to tackle this tax season with confidence.
- SSA-1099 for Social Security benefits
- 1099s for additional income, interest, gains and losses
- 1095-A for government marketplace health coverage
- 1098s for reporting interest and tuition payments
- W-2Gs for any gambling winnings
- Schedule K-1s for company ownership
Organize Personal Information
- Social Security number of your dependents or spouse
- Addresses of all property you own
- Exact date of when property was bought or sold
Count Charitable Contributions
Find Last Year’s Tax Return
Think About Your Refund
Need Some Help?
If you’d like some help from a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (CFP®) advisor regarding these strategies and how they apply to you, the Rhame & Gorrell Wealth Management team is here to help.
Our experienced Wealth Managers can help you review your financial and tax situation inside and come up with a custom tax optimization strategy going forward – all at no cost to you!
Feel free to contact us at (832) 789-1100, [email protected], or click the button below to ask a question or schedule your complimentary strategy session today.